Friday 27 February 2015

Sweets for my sweet

It’s the end of a busy month again, I hope you have enjoyed the recipes I have given you through February. We started off the month with Baba Ghanoush which is such a tasty dip We also made mushroom bhajee and balsamic mushrooms along with roasted pepper soup and lets not forget the tasty chickpea and sweet potato curry. All tasty and all pretty easy things to make. So to finish off the month then you deserve a little treat. 

Sweets eh! We all know we shouldn't but we all love them don’t we. So when I say fudge what do you think of? Is it the late 60s American heavy metal band that did a rendition of the Supremes “Keep me hanging on”, or is it the lovely creamy fudge that you bought in Woolworths when you were young. Or maybe it’s the fudge you get from a farm or gift shop. We all love fudge and Vanilla Fudge is one of my favourites.

My mum used to make it for me when I was young so I thought it was time to have a go again myself. Vanilla fudge it was to be, you can’t go wrong with that I thought so it was a quick search online to find a recipe that suited and lo and behold good old Nigella delivered a great recipe. So here is Nigella’s recipe for Vanilla Fudge with condensed milk.

Vanilla Fudge 

 Ingredients 
  • 250 grams soft butter
  • 1 x 397 grams can condensed milk
  • 175 ml milk
  • 2 tablespoons golden syrup
  • 800 grams granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla  

       6. Put in the fridge to cool, but don't keep it there for more than 2 hours, or it will set too                    hard, then remove and using a sharp knife, cut into squares.

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment